Manipur News | IT News | Imphal, March 29,
Manipur Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) today slammed the BJP for playing communal politics in their endeavour to win the upcoming Lok-Sabha election in Outer Manipur Parliamentary Constituency.
In a press meet held today at Congress Bhavan here in Imphal, spokesperson of the party Khumukcham Joykishan said the BJP candidate of the outer Manipur PC is spreading six point promises for the welfare of Kuki people using social networking site and particularly in popular messaging app WhatsApp.
“Many times the Chief Minister had stated that the BJP don’t believe in communal politics, but the way the BJP is spreading promises showed that they have cheated the people of the state”, Joykishan said while adding that if the promise stands true why not Benjamin Mate has been arrested.
“Journalist Kishorchand is detained under NSA for criticizing the government, why the person, Benjamin Mate should not be arrested for trying to distort the integrity of the state”, Joykishan said and further alleged the government of running the governance under the dictate of the arm rebel group.
Supporting his allegation, Joykishan recalled what the Chief Minister had replied during question hour in state Assembly session at which the CM stated that “Moreh Market complex couldn’t be started due to pressure from some outlaw organization”.
On the other hand, Joykishan also hits hard on Chief Minister’s statement which he said that he will resign his post if anything he promised had not been done.
“The present BJP government had promised for lifting of AFSPA, and I move a private member resolution for lifting of AFSPA”, Joykishan said and added that the Private member resolution was flatly denied to pass by the Chief Minister himself.
The Congress spokesperson further added that the BJP had also promised 7th Pay for the employees but till today the promise has not been converted into action. Joykishan also question where is the promise for repairing of RIMS road at which the CM promise at the earliest possible time.
Mention may be made that the Chief Minister during an election campaign yesterday said that he will resign if anything promise by him and his party has not been converted into action.
The promise to Kuki community to vote for by Benjamin Mate spread through social media is being produced below.
- 2021 there will be census and Manipur Assembly will have delimitation as such to increase the number of Kuki MLAs.
- Naga FA, whether big or small goi is going to sign the final agreement and Kukis also need to have political solution bigger and better or equivalent to Nagas, for this pursuance Kuki MP in centre is important
- Since Kukis had got new district to request special financial assistance or spcl. Dev. Packages Kuki MP is important
- As India and Burma relationship is getting better, there is a need to set up Kuki border village need to create border hub/commercial hub Kamjong Tengnoupal Chandel and CCpur for this MP in centre is important
- All weather road connecting all Kuki villages without touching Naga and Meitei district
- Commercial hub like Jiribam and Moreh to be controlled by Kukis after the act east policy is in place.