Menu
Account Login and Registration
Go back » » 2018 » September » 11

20 students fall sick after eating ‘challani’ fish in Goalpara

Goalpara, September 11: As many as 20 students of the Brahmaputra Academy here were hospitalised on Tuesday due to suspected food poisoning allegedly following consumption  of ‘challani’ (imported from outside the state) fish.

The students were boarders of the Academy’s boys hostel and were served a fish item at the dinner on Monday.

After sometime, the students complained of vomiting and severe abdomen pain. The hostel authorities rushed the students to the Solace hospital here. The students have been diagnosed with severe food poisoning and is now under medical observation.

The locals of the area slammed the Academy authorities for serving “formalin-laced challani fish”.

It may be noted that after the registration of the Science Academy was cancelled, wife of East Goalpara MLA, A K Rashid Alam reopened the school as the Brahmaputra Academy.`

~Time8

Flat 35% Off On Web Hosting

There are no comments for this entry yet.
avatar