Account Login and Registration
Go back » » 2018 » October » 6

More than 100 persons admitted for food poisoning in Thoubal

THOUBAL | Oct 5 : In a reported case of food poisoning, more than 100 individuals who had consumed a wedding feast which included pork dish at a marriage ceremony have been admitted at Thoubal District Hospital.

The patients who could not be accommodated at the district hospital have been referred to various hospitals in Imphal. No reports of death from the incident have been received so far regarding the incident which happened at Waithou Chiru Khul, Imphal East district.

According to statements made by the relatives of the patients who have been hospitalised at Thoubal District Hospital, the natives of Waithou Chiru Khul had consumed pork on the occasion of the marriage ceremony on October 4 after which several of the attendees including children and women were effected with Dysentery and Esmesis (Vomiting).

Most of the people who suffered from health complaints were admitted to Thoubal District Hospital from around 3:00 am in the morning to the hospital and there are still reports of more patients being admitted to the hospital until the evening.

Meanwhile, under the instructions of medical superintendent of Thoubal District Hospital, Dr. N. Jayentakumar, food safety officials including A.Gojendro, M. Debendro, Md.Altaf along with their supporting staff have been keeping a strict vigil and investigating whether the case of food poisoning was a result of consuming pork meat. As the reasons could not be ascertained yet, samples of other food items are being collected which would be examined by experts to directly indicate the source of food poisoning.

Flat 35% Off On Web Hosting

There are no comments for this entry yet.
Website Traffic