Menu
Account Login and Registration
Go back » » 2018 » July » 12

NEC scheme beneficiaries lock down DFO office

CHURACHANDPUR | Jul 11 : Beneficiaries of new pond construction in Churachandpur under North Eastern Council (NEC) 2017-2018 schemes locked down the DFO office located at Tuibong today condemning the delay in release of funds under the scheme.

The beneficiaries put up posters outside the office of district fishery officer (DFO) office demanding to release the money for construction of new pond that had been already released on February 28 by NEC to the state government.  The posters says, ’how long you are going to hide the NEC funding for the poor fish farmers’ which is a question asked to the concerned DFO of Fishery department, Kh. Ibetombi Devi.

On behalf of the 50 beneficiaries, Kamboi Haokip said that until the Fishery department and government bring a solution on the demand for release of required fund, the DFO office will be locked. The DFO who demanded 60 percent of the fund for herself leaving only 40 percent for the construction of pond has defied the order of director of Fishery that was issued on June 2, he added.

Kamboi continued that earlier they had appealed to minister of Fishery, Kayisii to transfer the DFO and also approached to director of the department and DC of Churachandpur to resolve the issue but failed and the fund of Rs. 71,31,250 has been on hold.

~IFP

Flat 35% Off On Web Hosting

There are no comments for this entry yet.
avatar